Rate This Ad allows a billboard designer to rate a random piece of billboard artwork provided by Billboard Insider using the following scale: 1 (not good), 2 (below average), 3 (average), 4 (very good), 5 (great). Then the designer talks about what they may have done differently for outdoor advertising. This week’s rating is provided by Blip Billboards. Blip has a staff of creative designers to assist clients. Insider uses and endorses Blip’s services.
Rating: 4 (very good)
- This ad is well put together. It is evident at a quick glance what is being conveyed and there is good flow.
- The information is clear and easy to disseminate.
- It is eye-catching and features a memorable URL.
- The font choices, however, are difficult to read from a distance.
- Events can be difficult to convey on billboards because there is a tendency to include as much information as possible, but in some cases including simply the web URL is sufficient to get customers to search for the information later.
- We typically recommend having no more than 10 words on a billboard. Our attempt at shortening this design is: “Bridal Spectacular, OCT 4, Memorial Coliseum, FortWayneBrides.com”. A good general practice is to assume that viewers will only read the largest words in the ad.