Insider used the following methodology to rank websites during 2017. A site which was not online or down for construction received a rating of 0.
We awarded 1 point for each of the following website items. 20 points was a perfect score.
- Contact names are shown on the website. Much better than asking a client to call a number without knowing who to ask for or email info@
- Staff pictures are shown on the website.
- A company address is shown on the website
- An email is shown on the website.
- A phone number is shown on the website.
- Ride sheets for each sign can be found on the website.
- Sign pictures are on the website, tied to a specific ride sheet. Clients need to know what signs look like as specific locations.
- A sign map is shown on the website with flags which link to individual ride sheets and sign info.
- Sign video is shown on a website. Ideally sign drive bys.
- The site is easy to read. Font is large enough to read. The site has dark print on a light background. Not vice versa.
- Fewer than 8 menu tabs on the home page.
- A button link to the company’s facebook page. It makes no sense to have a facebook page and not to make it easy for someone to find it when they are on the website.
- A button link to the company’s Linked in page.
- A button link to the company’s Twitter page.
- A button link to the company’s Vimeo or Youtube page.
- A “Why Outdoor” page which describes the benefits of outdoor advertising.
- An Outdoor Design page which gives tips on effective outdoor ad design.
- All of the sites links work.
- The site is mobile optimized.
- The site is google indexed and appears on the front page of google search results.
You can provide feedback on the ranking system by emailing email@example.com or by using the following form: